Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Stoutmas!!


Looking back at the year, I feel incredibly blessed for all that I have been able to enjoy. Great new friends were made both far and wide, relationships have grown, and I got to experience an entirely new corner of the continent. I crossed a few things off my bucket list, had (many) great adventures, and spent more time with my family than I have in a while.
Bungee jumping was one of the things that got checked off...
Surfing was another...
Rebecca Samuelson Photo
So the year was a good one. Christmas yielded just about everything that I wanted (including a sweet new RVR Apparel tshirt!), and due to the freakishly mild winter we've been having, it was warm enough for a lap on the Indy. I don't like paddling in the cold very much, but having a drysuit has mostly nullified that excuse. The only real things stopping me at this point would be ice and gas money. Since it was Christmas (and that the Indy is only 10 minutes away), the gas thing wasn't an issue, and the Indy was ice free... at least in the important parts.
The left wall was a little suspicious, but it turned out fine
One of the best quartermile sections of river pretty much anywhere
Happy about my first Christmas descent of any river.
With ironic facial hair, of course

Merry  Christmas!

2 comments:

Ben Small said...

YOU. BELONG. IN. PORTLAND.

Eric said...

Glad you appreciate the throwback! I knew it was just a matter of time...

Support title

Support from:
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and photographer, collector of experiences, adventure lover, and outdoor goer.

Followers