Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo


No, it's not the name of the ultra-classic new creek I found in my backyard, although there are plenty of those in the region. Those have much stranger names...
A local's only classic...
NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month.
Check them out here!

Basically, they encourage writers of all ages and skill levels to write a 50,000 word novel in a month. That's about 175 pages. Since I have approximately zero judgement skills, I've decided to take on this challenge.

Rather than giving away my super awesome plot and letting you all get a sneak peak at the totally original  characters, this post is more of an apology for a potential lack of posts over the next month.

I'll be relying heavily on paddling and other outdoors adventures for inspiration/sanity maintenance, so all hope is not lost. I will continue to post as often as I can, but I can't promise my usual frequency.
Blog posts may be spotty, kinda like the sky here
If you want to send your support, comments and emails are welcome! You can also accuse me of wasting my time and tell me not to quit my day job. I won't listen, of course, because I don't actually have a day job.
Getting views like this with day jobs is kinda tough,
so I don't mind too much

Cheerio!

0 comments:

Support title

Support from:
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and photographer, collector of experiences, adventure lover, and outdoor goer.

Followers