Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gettin' Green

No, I haven't found a job yet... instead, I went to the Green River Flow Study in Vermont.

The Green is a dam controlled river just outside of Morrisville, VT. Ryan McCall and Dave Packie found it 2 years ago and inspired the flow study. There were almost 30 participants and a handful of really great volunteers that made the study a huge success. Although the weather was downright unpleasant, the river was busy enough to keep me warm. I had a great time, and based on the raves on NPMB and elsewhere, I think everyone else did too.

Brian Murphy volunteered as a photographer and got some killer shots! Some of his work will be featured in an upcoming AW Journal along with my write-up for the trip.
Raising the bow for a delayed boof.
-Brian Murphy Photo
The river had some great waterfalls (like the one above), but was mostly class IV boogie, with lots of boofs and technical moves. Classic VT creeking!

Here's a video I threw together real quick documenting some of the rapids at 2 different flows. The general consensus on this run is that more water=more better.

More misadventures soon...

0 comments:

Support title

Support from:
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and photographer, collector of experiences, adventure lover, and outdoor goer.

Followers